Safety and Security at Sports Grounds
IWI Associates has a unique combination of competencies in safety and security at sports grounds. IWI has:
- Practical experience of leading the safety and security function in both football and motor racing;
- Policy and consultancy experience as advisors to organisations and governing bodies; and
- In depth expert knowledge as researchers, teachers and authors.
IWI is thus distinctively capable of:
- Providing an independent expert opinion on safety and security at sports grounds matters;
- Undertaking safety and security audits and 'mystery spectator’ visits;
- Leading and co-ordinating risk assessment processes;
- Designing and developing knowledge products and training materials; and
- Delivering bespoke seminars for professional audiences.
The IWI Safety and Security Audit
This 'critical friend' service reports against a checklist of 160 items arranged under 17 main headings as follows:
- Physical Structures
- Traffic Management
- Safety Systems
- Safety Personnel
- Safety Procedures
- Fire Safety
- Medical Aid
- Local Municipality
- Crime Prevention
- Crime and Public Order
- VIPs and Hospitality
- Press and Television
- Air safety
- Revenue protection
For the full checklist please click here
This is a protected PDF which cannot be edited, printed or copied with out wriiten permittion of IWI Associates.
The IWI ‘Mystery Spectator’ Service
This ‘critical friend’ service reports against a sub-set of the full safety and security audit checklist. The service is tailored to individual client requirements and the matchday observations are typically undertaken on a ‘mystery shopper’ basis.